Serenit-Treehouse is located at Hemlock Cottage on five acres with the main cabin where the family lives with their passel of farm animals - 1 retired party pony, turkeys, ducks, chickens and goats. We have three lazy house dogs and five barn cats that don't work very hard either. Additional notes
*Complimentary Breakfast: Complimentary Breakfast: You'll find fresh fruit, farm fresh eggs, and more in your fridge for breakfast.
Glamping - Going camping, but with glamour. A combination of the two words. It's like regular camping , but with nicer things than usual, being warmer, and more comfortable. Glamping isn't done by usual outdoor types who climb mountains.
Treehouses are glamping experiences and as such here’s what you can expect:
1. Comfy beds, k cup coffee brewers, heated mattress pads, microwave, refrigerator, outdoor george foreman type grill, radiator heaters, real furniture - dresser, beds, chairs and electricity.
2. You are welcome to visit the main cabin where we often have a hot fire in the wood stove and hot showers whenever you’d like. The main cabin is a place to take a break from glamping, visit with other guests and the family, and to cook dinner or take a shower.
You should probably avoid treehouses if you…
1. Don’t enjoy temps outside the normal range for your home.
2. If you don’t like walking back into the woods to enjoy your treehouse. Although we do have a battery operated cart for you to use to take your bags to the treehouse when you arrive.
3. Don’t want to walk to the main cabin to use a flushing toilet and or take a shower.
4. If the idea that the treehouses are not completely sealed and you may occasionally see a critter trying to move in, although we do try and keep them out, upsets you.
If you enjoy the woods, nature, being away from city noise then you may just enjoy a stay in one of our treehouses.
Here is what others have said about their glamping experience in our treehouses:
"The treehouse is amazing and has all the basic amenities you could need. The surrounding property is quiet and charming, and you cannot beat Joni's warmth and hospitality."
"This treehouse is absolutely adorable. I especially loved the windows and being able to peek out from the window at the top of the stairs. This became my favorite place to sit and watch the rain and the wildlife! "
"Unique experience! Magical place in the woods. Not a traditional accommodation, but that's what makes it so special. Joni and family were great. Look forward to returning."
"If you want to get away, to soak up the forest in a quiet house amongst the trees, visit this beautiful place. I have nothing negative to say about any part of the experience. I enjoyed eating a home cooked breakfast with Joni and her interesting and kind family each morning (she made syrup from freshly picked blueberries, YUM!). I loved meeting the sweet kitty who greeted me on the porch of the tree house as soon as I arrived. And most of all, I enjoyed falling asleep each night staring up at the windows in the roof, listening the rain on the tin, and walking up and down the spiraling staircase in the center of the house, lined in tree limbs and old barn wood in varying hues of blue. It was heavenly, truly!"
Sereni-Treehouse is designed to host couples/singles who want to get away from it all. The treehouse sits on private property but you are a few feet away from the national forest, where you can hike to the waterfall that creates the creek on the property or to the top of Pilot Mountain.
The treehouse is equipped with a microwave, coffee pot, and refrigerator, but doesn't have running water. There is drinking water and a camp toilet for quick night runs. The showering facilities and parking area are a short walk away at the main cabin where you are also encouraged to hang out with other treehouse guests (Abbie's Waterfall Treehouse is located here, too) or the host. You may cook in the main kitchen or sit by the fire in the living room. However, if you would like your privacy we understand that, too.
Pets are allowed pending approval. We will approve animals after we exchange a few emails and establish what exactly you are bringing and make sure you clearly understand the pet rules. There is also a $50 pet fee.
We meet all of our guests with an electric cart and help you to get to your treehouse and settled with your belongings. If you are going to be after 10pm there is a fee $20 per hour for someone to stay up and wait on you.